Sweat testing is a process where your sweat is tested to find out how much sodium (salt) you are loosing per litre of sweat during exercise.
Why is it so important?
- Every athlete loses a different amount of sodium in their sweat, from as little as 200mg of sodium per litre of sweat, to as much as 2000mg/l
- This is largely genetically determined
- Combine that with differences in sweat rates and athletes' net sweat/sodium losses over a game or race can vary significantly
- So, a 'one-size-fits-all' approach to hydration just doesn't work
- Understanding the unique physiology of your athletes allows the development of personalized hydration strategies that meet their needs, which is crucial to maintaining performance.
Benefits of getting a sweat test carried out?
- Performance maintenance. Optimizing fluid/ electrolyte intake maintains blood plasma volume, which prevents the drop off in performance that occurs when an athlete is dehydrated
- Performance enhancement. Studies have shown that acute pre-exercise sodium loading can actually increase performance, by increasing blood plasma volume
- Reduced cramping
- Hydration awareness and self-management. Athletes who've taken our Sweat Test are far more aware of their own hydration requirements
- Increased safety from the extreme downsides of dehydration (hyponatremia)
- More detailed information allowing you to plan a better nutrition plan for your race.
How it works?
- We use a sweat expert from Precision Hydration to carry out all testing to confirm the highest standards are maintained.
- We use patented medical technology to collect/ analyse your athletes' sweat.
- Sweat Tests can done almost anywhere, at rest, in ~15 minutes. Although we normally plan 40-60mins per person so you have plenty of time to quiz the sweat expert from Precision Hydration.
- Get accurate results immediately, no waiting around for weeks for test results.
- Quick and easy to implement personalized strategies using Precision Hydration's multi-strength electrolyte supplement range.
If I sign up for a sweat test, what will I recieve?
- 40mins access to PH sweat expert, the more you ask the better it is.
- Sweat concentration test
- Sweat concentration result, showing you how much sodium you loose per litre of sweat.
- Sweat testing information pack, which details how to work out your own sweat lose, race nutrition planning sheet & information on how to implement your test results into your race planning.
- Emailed personalized strategies using Precision Hydration's multi strength electrolyte supplement range.
Cost: $190 + gst
Location - South East Queensland (Brisbane Based)
Get touch with Team Inspire and we can add you to the next round of sweat testing in Brisbane. Email Nicola on: email@example.com